- All presentation rooms for Symposia, Workshops, and Platforms will be set theater style with a head table for two, a table microphone, a standing lighted lectern with a podium microphone, and aisle microphones to take questions from the audience.
- Each room will have the following: data projector, appropriate size screen, and a laser pointer. An audiovisual technician will be provided in the session room during your presentation.
- If you plan to give a Power Point presentation, you must bring your own laptop, power supplies, and adaptors. We also suggest you bring a back-up of your presentation on a USB drive, in the case of any unforeseen problems.
- If you require additional audiovisual equipment, contact Dorothy Chaconas at email@example.com with your needs. All additional projection equipment must be pre-approved by the Biophysical Society.
- Speakers are asked to arrive at the assigned presentation room at least 20-30 minutes before the start of the session to ensure that the audiovisual technician has the appropriate amount of time to hook up your laptop for your presentation.
- Speakers sit in the front row of the session and approach the lectern in turns as the Chair of the session introduces each presentation. Speakers may share the chairperson’s table for discussion as space permits.
- Speakers must adhere to their allotted time for speaking and answering questions, as a courtesy to other speakers and the audience.
- You may prepare for your session in the Speaker Ready Room.