With support from BPS, the Biomolecular Discovery Dome was at Maryland Day this year. Learn more about the day's activities from a University of Maryland Biophysics PhD student on the BPS blog!
Submit your abstract by June 10 for the upcoming Mechanobiology of Proteins and Cells Thematic Meeting, being held September 29 - October 3, 2013, in Salisbury Cove, Maine!
Support the Society! Learn about exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities at the 58th Annual Meeting.
Add your company's products to our Online Product Guide! Orders placed before June 28, 2013, will be included in the 2013 printed guide.
Upcoming Networking Events:
- First Event of the Great Paris Membrane Club - Paris, France; June 10
The May 21 issue of Biophysical Journal is now available.
View this issue's New and Notable methods and technologies:
- Physical Evolution of Pressure-Driven Viral Infection
- Extinguishing the Sparks
- Demystifying Thermal Channels: Driving a Channel both Forwards and Backwards with a Single Gear?
- Do Cells Make Decisions Based on Uncertainty in their Biochemical Networks?
Read this issue's highlighted articles free:
- Entropy, Energy, and Bending of DNA in Viral Capsid
- An NMDA Receptor Gating Mechanism Developed from MD Simulations Reveals Molecular Details Underlying Subunit-Specific Contributions
- The Shaft of the Type 1 Fimbriae Regulates an External Force to Match the FimH Catch Bond
- Actin Mediates the Nanoscale Membrane Organization of the Clustered Membrane Protein Influenza Hemagglutinin
- Bilayer Asymmetry Influences Integrin Sequestering in Raft-Mimicking Lipid Mixtures
Biophysical Society Job Board