Application deadline is October 3, 2010
The Biophysical Society has limited travel support available for minority students in the field of biophysics to attend the 2011 Biophysical Society Annual Meeting. Each award will be made to assist in travel expenses to and lodging expenses for the Meeting. Awards will not exceed $1000. Selection of awardees will be based on scientific merit.
The following eligibility requirements must be met:
- All applicants must be a US citizen or a Permanent Resident of the US (verification of citizenship/residency is required).
- A completed application form, including all required documents, must be received by the deadline.
Applications must include the following materials:
- Completed application form.
- Copy of the abstract submitted for presentation at the Annual Meeting.
- A written paragraph outlining the implications of your research and identifying the potential benefits you hope to receive for your planned research career.
- A letter of recommendation, on departmental letterhead, from your advisor or a professor.
Applications for the Minority Biophysicists Travel Award should be sent to via email to email@example.com
Minority Biophysicists Travel Award Application
Please note: Because this is a travel award, awardees must be present at the Annual Meeting in order to receive their awards. Awards are presented at the Minority Biophysicists and Student Travel Award Reception at the Annual Meeting.
For questions regarding the awards, please contact the Biophysical Society at (240) 290-5600 or firstname.lastname@example.org