Established in 2007, first awarded in 2008.
Deadline for nominations: May 1 of each year.
The Anatrace Membrane Protein Award, funded by Anatrace Inc., was established to recognize an outstanding investigator who has made a significant contribution to the field of membrane protein research. The award is designed to promote membrane protein studies and recognize excellence in the field. This $3,000 award is distributed annually.
- Nominee must have made an exceptional contribution to the field of membrane protein research including but not limited to studies of the structure, biochemistry, or biological function of membrane proteins.
- Nominees must not have received the Anatrace Award in any prior 5-year period and may not nominate themselves.
- Nominee must be a member of the Society in good standing.
- Nominator must submit completed Nomination Form and required documents.
Nomination packets must include the following:
- Completed Award Nomination Form
- Letter (no more than 4 pages) describing qualifications of the nominee and commenting on the nominee's scientific contributions to the field of membrane protein biochemistry/biophysics
- Two supporting letters
- Nominee’s curriculum vitae, including all relevant publications