U.S. Citizens

Any U.S. passport holder can enjoy visa-exempt entry into Mexico for up to 90 days for whatever purpose if you have a passport with validity of at least six months after entry. You will be required to present a valid passport and fill out an immigration form for tourists and business trips, which can be obtained in travel agencies, airlines or upon arrival in Mexico.

Outside the United States

To view the list of countries eligible for Visa-exempt entry, click here

With the purpose of facilitating and promoting travel to Mexico, effective May 2016 all those foreign nationals, regardless of their nationality, visiting Mexico for tourism, business or transit are NOT required to obtain a Mexican visa IF they hold a valid (non-expired) Visa or Permanent Residence of any of this countries: United States of America, Canada, Japan, United Kingdom or Schengen area (European Union).

US Residents: If your United States visa stamped on your passport already expired but you have an official document proving your legal status in USA, you must apply for a Mexican visa (I-797 A Forms, Advance Parole Forms, I-20 OR DS-2019 Forms won’t be accepted to entering Mexico), unless you have a valid Visa for any of the countries listed above (Canada, Japan, United Kingdom or Schengen area) . Click here for more information.

Attendees from other countries should contact the Embassy/Consulate in their area for country-specific regulations on travel to Mexico.