To assist students, postdoctoral fellows, and a small number of scientists beyond their postdoc positions in attending the Meeting, the Biophysical Society’s International Relations Committee has limited funds available for travel fellowships to the 2015 Biophysical Society Annual Meeting. Each award may be applied towards roundtrip airfare to the Meeting. The purpose of these travel fellowships is to give international biophysicists the opportunity to interact and form relationships with the broader biophysical community.
1. A copy of the abstract submitted for presentation at the Annual Meeting.
2. An explanation of financial need and the importance of winning such an award.
3. A list of any previous meetings attended and sources of financial support for these meetings.
4. A short (1 page) curriculum vitae containing the most relevant publications and description of current research interests and goals.
5. Students and Postdoctoral Fellows: Two letters from sponsors/advisors who are familiar with your research progress. Letters must be on institutional letterhead, with a signature.Scientists beyond their postdoc position: A self-written statement outlining the importance of such an award, if granted, to career path and goals.
Please note that because this is a travel award, applicants must be present at the Meeting in order to receive their award. Awards are presented at the International Travel Awardee Luncheon at the Annual Meeting.
For questions regarding the International Relations Committee Travel Award, please contact Laura Phelan at firstname.lastname@example.org or (240) 290-5620.