On Sunday, March 6, at 6:00 PM, the Student Research Achievement Award (SRAA) poster competition will take place. Students must apply to participate in the competition. Participants give a five-to-ten minute presentation of their posters to one or more judges. The participants giving the best presentations in each category will be selected to receive a monetary award. Winners will be recognized at the Monday evening awards ceremony. The Award is only given for poster presentations. No platform sessions will be considered for the Award.
To participate in the SRAA Poster Competition, the following rules apply:
- The student must be a member of the Biophysical Society with current 2011 dues paid by the Abstract deadline.
- The student must be the first author on the abstract submitted to the Meeting. If the student is not the sole author, the student's mentor must write a statement indicating that the student is the principle force involved in the work.
- The student must present a poster at the meeting.
- Application must be completed at the time of abstract submission.
- Students are required to attend the SRAA competition on Sunday, March 6, 2011 in the East Mezzanine.
The following are required at the time of SRAA Poster Competition application:
When submitting your abstract and selecting SRAA Poster Competition:
- Select subcategory in the drop down box
- Enter Mentor's name and email address, if statement is required
Please note subcategories below:
Applications for SRAA must be completed online at the time of abstract submission.
For questions regarding the SRAA poster competition, please contact the Biophysical Society at
(240) 290-5600 / email@example.com.