Application deadline has passed.
On Sunday, February 21, at 6:00 PM, the Student Research Achievement Award poster competition will take place. Students must apply to participate in the competition. Participants give a five-to-ten minute presentation of their posters to one or more judges. The participants giving the best presentations in each category will be selected to receive a monetary award. Winners will be recognized at the Monday evening awards ceremony. The Award is only given for poster presentations. No platform sessions will be considered for the Award.
To participate in the SRAA Poster Competition, the following rules apply:
- The student must be a member of the Biophysical Society with current 2010 dues paid by the Abstract deadline.
- The student must be the first author on the abstract submitted to the Meeting. If the student is not the sole author, the student's mentor must write a statement indicating that the student is the principle force involved in the work.
- The student must present a poster at the meeting.
- Completed application form and all required documents must be sent to the Society office by the deadline.
- Students are required to attend the SRAA competition on Sunday, February 21, 2010 in the Exhibit Hall.
The following documents are required at the time of SRAA Poster Competition registration:
- A completed application form.
- A copy of the abstract submitted to the Annual Meeting
- Mentor’s statement, if required
- Selection of one of the following subcategories for the abstract
Applications for SRAA should be sent to:
9650 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, MD 20814
For questions regarding the SRAA poster competition, please contact the Biophysical Society at
(301) 634-7114 / firstname.lastname@example.org.