Secure Online Membership Application
You have the flexibility to join the Biophysical Society online using a Mastercard, Discover, Visa, or American Express, on our secure server (SSL).
**IMPORTANT**: You will be presented with a printable receipt when your payment process is complete. Please remember to print this receipt for your records. If you do not see this receipt, your payment was not received. Please call 240-290-5600 for assistance.
2014: Benefits begin January 1, 2014, and END December 31, 2014.
(Select if you are submitting an abstract, registering for the 2014 Annual Meeting/Thematic Meeting, or applying for a 2014 travel award.)
You Will Need
- Regular Members: An electronic copy of your most recent CV and list of three principal publications. MS Word and pdf documents are acceptable.
- Early Career Members: An electronic copy of your most recent CV.
- Student Members: A copy of your most recent institutional Student ID and PI's signature. JPEG and TIF files are acceptable. Your PI's signature can be written on the copy of the Student ID and submitted as one document, or you may also upload a brief letter from your PI verifying your student status in your institution. Your academic advisor, dean, or head of department is acceptable in the absence of your PI.
Print Membership Application
- Downloand and Print the 2014 PDF Membership Application Form.
- Indicate the Membership year for which you are joining.
Please Note: If you are joining to register for the Annual Meeting or to submit an abstract, you must be a 2014 Member. If you are joining to take advantage of the reduced page charges for publishing in the Biophysical Journal, you must be a member for the calendar year in which you are submitting.
- Complete all sections of the application.
- Payment Information: If paying by credit card, please print the full credit card number, expiration date, and the total amount to be charged. If any of this information is missing, we will be unable to process your application. Payment may also be made via check and wire transfer. For wire transfers, please contact the Society office at 240-290-5600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Verification: If you are applying as a Regular please include a copy of your CV and a list of three principal publications, Early Career Member, please include a copy of your CV. If you are applying as a Student Member, please include a copy of your current Student ID and the signature of your PI. If you do not have a PI, the signature of the Dean, Department Head, or your Advisor is acceptable.
- Submission: When all of the above steps are complete, you may submit your application to the Society office. You may do so in the following manner:
- Fax- 240-290-5555
- Mail- Biophysical Society, 11400 Rockville Pike, Suite 800, Rockville, MD 20852
- Email- email@example.com
Please Note: Membership runs on a calendar year and expires each year on December 31 regardless of when applications are received. Membership fees are non-refundable.