To assist attendees in obtaining a visa, the China International Conference Center for Science and Technology (CICCST) will issue letters of invitation. To obtain a letter of invitation you must first register and pay the registration fee in full. No letters will be issued without a paid conference registration.
Please click here to request a letter of invitation. The Biophysical Society will forward your request.
What to do after you receive your letter of invitation
You should contact the Chinese Embassy/Consulate (in your area).
You will be asked to provide some or all of the following:
- Your original passport (with at least 6 months until the expiration date and one unused visa page)
- Non-U.S. citizens must include a copy of their Alien Registration Card or U.S. Visa & original I-94.
- One completed and signed visa application form
- Your letter of invitation
- One original passport photo that was taken within the last 6 months. Passport photos must have a light colored background, be 2" by 2" in size and must be on photo paper.
- Your entire trip itinerary, including travel to any countries other than the United States, at the time of visa application
-Information about the conference/meeting, Click here for information
- Evidence that you are intending to return to your country of residence. This includes such things as: family ties in current country of residence, property ownership, bank account, an employment contract or statement from employer showing that position will continue after the dates of the meeting.