Biophysical Society members receive many intangible benefits, including representation through committee outreach and advocacy efforts for the field of biophysics and for its funding at the NIH, NSF, DOE, and other agencies. The tangible benefits are many and in multiple areas, including publications, meetings, career development, and funding opportunities.
(the #1 peer-reviewed journal in biophysics)
- All members receive FREE access to BJ Online.
- Members who publish in BJ pay $30 less PER PAGE than do non-members.
- Members who publish in BJ receive free online color.
- Members receive reduced rates for print color.
- Members may subscribe to the print BJ for a substantially reduced rate.
- Members receive the monthly Biophysical Society Newsletter.
- Members pay reduced rates for the Annual Reviews of Biophysics.
- Members can receive a complimentary Membership Directory that includes a listing of members as well as a breakdown of their geographic locations and research areas.
- Members can subscribe to Cell Press journals at a reduced rate. To view a complete listing of Cell Press journals and to submit your order, see the Cell Press Subscription Form.
- Members can subscribe to AIP journals, like Physics Today ($59), at a reduced rate. In order to receive your discounted subscription, please call 1-800-344-6902, indicate that you are a member of an Affiliate Society (Biophysical Society) and supply them with your membership ID number. View complete listing of AIP Journals.
- Society members may post their resumes free-of-charge on the BPS online job board.
- Employers who are BPS members may post job openings on the Society's online job board for rates far lower than those paid by non-members.
- Find or volunteer to be a mentor using the online Mentor Board.