2013 Michael and Kate Bárány Awardee:
University of Notre Dame
2012: Vijay Pande
2011: Charalampos Kalodimos
2010: Mark J. Schnitzer
2009: Gaudenz M. Danuser
2008: Sergei I. Sukharev
2007: Taekjip Ha
2006: Anne-Frances Miller
2005: Vincent Hilser
2004: Paul R. Selvin
2003: Patricia Jennings
2002: William Zagotta
2001: Shimon Weiss
2000: Elizabeth A. Komives
1999: Gaetano T. Montelione
1998: Winfried Denk
1997: Donald W. Hilgemann
1996: David P. Corey
1995: Roderick MacKinnon
1994: Steven M. Block
1993: Ronald D. Vale
1992: Richard W. Aldrich
Established in 1992 as the Young Investigator Award, and renamed in 1998.
Deadline for nominations: May 1 of each year.
The Michael and Kate Bárány Award for Young Investigators recognizes an outstanding contribution to biophysics by a person who has not achieved the rank of full professor at the time of nomination. This award was established by the Biophysical Society. In recognition of the endowment gift from Michael and Kate Bárány, the award was renamed in 1998. The Award recipient receives an honorarium of $2,000.
- Nominee must have made an exceptional contribution to the field of biophysics.
- Nominee must not have reached rank of full professor at time of nomination.
- Nominee must be a member of the Society in good standing.
- Nominator must submit completed Nomination Form and required documents.
Nominations packets must include the following:
- Completed Award Nomination Form
- Letter describing qualifications of the nominee
- Two supporting letters
- Nominee’s curriculum vitae, including all relevant publications