Established in 1999, suspended for the 2013 awards cycle, reinstated for 2014 awards cycle.
Deadline for nominations: May 1 of each year.
This award honors the Society's distinguished members who have demonstrated sustained scientific excellence.
- Nominee must demonstrate sustained scientific excellence.
- Nominee must be a member of the Society in good standing.
- Nominator must submit completed Nomination Form and required documents.
Nominations packets must include the following
- Completed Award Nomination Form
- Three letters in support of the nomination, one which must be written by the nominator (no more than three letters in total)
- A copy of the nominee's CV/biosketch, not to exceed four pages
- A list of the 10 most important papers the nominee has published
- A 300-word maximum paragraph summarizing the nominee's overall contributions and impact
- A one-sentence citation that could be used in award announcement
Fill out nomination form and submit required materials in PDF format here.
2012: Toshio Yanagida, Klaus Schulten, Carlos Bustamante, Frances Separovic, Tamar Schlick, José Onuchicn, Gregory Voth
2011: Valerie Daggett, Donald M. Engelman, Jennifer Lippincott-Schwartz, Erwin Neher, Ruth Nussinov, Lynne J. Regan, Anthony Watts
2010: Steven M. Block, David S. Cafiso, G. Marius Clore, Michael A. Edidin, Shelagh Ferguson-Miller, Andrew Joshua Wand
2009: Donald M. Bers, Betty J. Gaffney, Robert L. Jernigan, Mark T. Nelson, Diane M. Papazian
2008: Timothy A. Cross, Eve E. Marder, Ivan Rayment, Stephen G. Sligar, Attila Szabo
2007: Steven Boxer, Maurizio Brunori, William Cramer, Elliot L. Elson, George P. Hess
2006: Michael Bárány, Yale Goldman, Martin Gruebele, M. Thomas Record, J. Walter Woodbury, Xialing Sunney Xie
2005: Sunney I. Chan, Edward H. Egelman, Jeffrey Skolnick, David D. Thomas, Ernest M. Wright
2004: David L. Beveridge, Ronald N. McElhaney, Mauricio Montal, Brian D. Sykes
2003: Mordecai P. Blaustein, David R. Davies, Richard M. Epand, John Gergely, Rufus Lumry, James H. Prestegard, Peter G. Wolynes
2002: David DeRosier, Ken Dill, William A. Eaton, Joachim Frank, Hans Frauenfelder, Robert Gennis, Wayne Hendrickson, Terrell L. Hill, Joseph Hoffman, H. Ronald Kaback, Irwin Kuntz, Jon Lederer, John L. Markley, John Schellman, Ignacio Tinoco, Peter H. von Hippel, Stephen White, Clare Woodward, Bruno Zimm
2001: Helen Berman, Ludwig Brand, George Feher, Manuel Morales, Wilma Olson, Arieh Warshel
2000: Gary K. Ackers, Richard W. Aldrich, Clay M. Armstrong, Daniel Axelrod, Robert L. Baldwin, Francisco Bezanilla, Rodney L. Biltonen, Kevin P. Campbell, Charles R. Cantor, Donald L. D. Caspar, Carolyn Cohen, Donald M. Crothers, David Eisenberg, S. Walter Englander, Bertil Hille, Barry Honig, Wayne Hubbell, Hugh E. Huxley, William P. Jencks, Jack H. Kaplan, Peter S. Kim, Susan Lowey, J. Andrew McCammon, Harden M. McConnell, Gerard Meissner, Peter B. Moore, V. Adrian Parsegian, Thomas D. Pollard, Frederic M. Richards, Michael G. Rossman, Harold Scheraga, Andrew P. Somlyo, Avril V. Somlyo, Robert M. Stroud, Andrew G. Szent-Gyorgyi, Thomas E. Thompson, Richard W. Tsien, Watt W. Webb, Annemarie Weber