The deadline for Travel Award applications has passed.
To assist students, postdoctoral fellows, and a small number of senior scientists in attending the Meeting, the Biophysical Society’s International Relations Committee has limited funds available for travel fellowships to the 2014 Biophysical Society Annual Meeting. Each award may be applied towards roundtrip airfare to the Meeting. The purpose of these travel fellowships is to give international biophysicists the opportunity to interact and form relationships with the broader biophysical community.
The following eligibility requirements must be met:
- The applicant must be presenting an abstract at the Annual Meeting.
- The applicant must not have received an International Travel Award from the Biophysical Society the previous year.
- The applicant must currently reside outside of the United States.
The following materials are required at the time of online application submission:
1. A copy of the abstract submitted for presentation at the Annual Meeting.
2. An explanation of financial need and the importance of winning such an award.
3. A list of any previous meetings attended and sources of financial support for these meetings.
4. A short (1 page) curriculum vitae containing the most relevant publications and description of current research interests and goals.
5. Students and Postdoctoral Fellows: Two letters from sponsors/advisors who are familiar with your research progress.
Senior scientists: A self-written statement outlining the importance of such an award, if granted, to career path and goals.
Please note that because this is a travel award, applicants must be present at the Meeting in order to receive their award. Awards are presented at the International Travel Awardee Luncheon at the Annual Meeting.
For questions regarding the International Relations Committee Travel Award, please contact Laura Phelan at (240) 290-5620 or firstname.lastname@example.org.