- The abstract submission handling fee is $60 and is non-refundable.
- All abstracts submitted for presentation must represent scientific research that cannot be perceived as marketing a specific company or product.
- Authors submitting abstracts are responsible for ensuring that all authors listed on the abstract have been notified of the submission.
- Each abstract will be reviewed by the 2014 Program Committee, and decisions to accept or reject abstracts rest with this committee.
- All regular accepted abstracts will be grouped with other abstracts of similar topic into Poster, Platform, Minisymposia, or Member-Organized Sessions, and programmed Sunday – Wednesday of the meeting. The scheduling of abstracts by the Program Committee is final and authors must be prepared to present their work as programmed.
- All abstract submissions must be sponsored by a member.
- Members may only sponsor one abstract, with the exception of the education category. Members may submit an education abstract in addition to one in another category.
- Regular Biophysical Society members, with 2014 dues paid, may sponsor their own abstract or someone else's. Student members may only sponsor their own.
- Nonmembers may submit an abstract, but must have a 2014 BPS regular, early career, or emeritus member who is not submitting his/her own abstract sponsor the nonmember abstract. Alternatively, they may join at the time of submission.
Special Combination Offer
Meeting attendees may take advantage of the special non-refundable, non-transferable rates offered when completing an abstract submission and registering for the meeting at the same time. This offer is only available at the time of abstract submission and only available for the presenting author. Fees are not transferable and non-refundable.
Revisions and Withdrawals
Attendees who submit regular abstracts may make revisions to the content of their abstract or withdraw their abstract until Friday, October 4, 2013. Requests for withdrawals must be received in writing by the Society office, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the presenting author’s full name and abstract number. The abstract submission handling fee is non-refundable.
The Biophysical Society Office will email abstract scheduling notices to Presenting Authors only, no later than Friday, November 28, 2013. It is important that a valid and current email address for the Presenting Author be entered during the abstract submission process. Once an abstract is received at the Biophysical Society all subsequent notifications will be sent to the Presenting Author by email. Notifications will not be sent to the other authors. The Presenting Author holds the responsibility of notifying all authors on the abstract of the scheduling.
Return to abstract submission guidelines