Application deadline is October 3, 2010.
To assist a small number of female postdoctoral fellows, the Biophysical Society’s Committee for Professional Opportunities for Women has limited funds available for travel fellowships to the 2011 Biophysical Society Annual Meeting. Each award may be applied towards travel to and from the Meeting. The purpose of these travel fellowships is to increase the number of women biophysicists and encourage their participation at the Meeting.
The following eligibility requirements must be met:
- Applicant must be a female postdoctoral fellow.
- Applicant must be presenting a poster or oral presentation at the Annual Meeting.
- Applicant must be a member of the Biophysical Society with 2011 dues paid by the application deadline, October 3, 2010.
The following materials are required at the time of submission by each applicant:
- Completed application form, including brief description of your career path and goals.
- A copy of the abstract submitted for presentation at the Meeting.
- Institutional letter confirming postdoctoral status.
Applications for the CPOW Travel Award should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CPOW Travel Award Application
Please note: Because this is a travel award, awardee must be present at the Annual Meeting in order to receive her award. Awardees will be recognized at the Annual Meeting.
For questions regarding the CPOW Travel Awards, please contact the Biophysical Society at (240) 290-5600 or email@example.com