Application deadline has passed.
To assist students and a small number of more senior scientists in attending the meeting, the Biophysical Society has limited funds available for travel fellowships to the 2010 Biophysical Society Annual Meeting. Each award may be applied towards roundtrip airfare to the Meeting. The purpose of these travel fellowships is to give biophysicists working in countries experiencing financial difficulties the opportunity to interact and form relationships with the broader biophysical community.
The following eligibility requirements must be met:
- The applicant is performing research in a country experiencing financial constraints.
- The applicant must be the presenting author.
- The applicant must not have received an International Travel Award from the Biophysical Society the previous year.
The following materials are required at the time of online submission by each applicant:
- A copy of the abstract submitted for presentation at the Meeting.
- A short (1 page) Curriculum Vitae containing the most relevant publications and description of current research interests and goals.
- A list of any previous meetings attended and sources of financial support for these meetings.
- A request for partial or total support and rationale for request.
- Students: Two letters from sponsors who are familiar with your research progress.
Senior Scientists: A self-written letter outlining the importance of such an award if granted.
Please note, because this is a travel award, applicants must be present at the meeting in order to receive their award. Awards are presented at the International Travel Awardee Luncheon at the Annual Meeting.
For questions regarding the International Travel Grant, please contact the Biophysical Society at
(301) 634-7114 / firstname.lastname@example.org